Thanks for visiting!

List of Thoughts

Friday, January 21, 2011

Just a few updates!

Hey everyone! 

First week of my spring semester finally finished.  The first day/week of school has always been really weird for me since I was a child, I feel excited and nervous at the same time because I don't know what to expect, but I am excited about how its going to go. Do any of you feel that way when going back to school?

I think my brain is still trying to adjust to the fact I have homework now and reading to do. Everytime I try to look at my homework, I space out and end up doing something else. Luckily its friday so I have the weekend to get my act together! Wish me luck!

In other news, we all know I've got lots of love for fellow Youtube Beauty guru Andreaschoice, she just makes everything so simple to do! So I decided I'd try out her latest hair tutorial the "bird's nest bun". I must admit, I wasn't able to spend much time on it but I've gotta say for being in a rush, I did a decent job...right? ha ha. 
I recommend you all to try it, its very chic. ;)

I also recently recieved a palette I am just so excited to keep experimenting with, I purchased my first palette from a company called "Sedona Lace". If you haven't heard of them and are crazy about eyeshadow palettes check them out! 


I ordered the 88 "metal" palette and it consists of a lot of very use-able colors. What I mean by this is that a lot of these colors are perfect for everyday looks and seeing as though I mostly use very neutral colors on my eyes, it really gives me a chance to try different shades without it being too dramatic. Here are a few swatches of some of the  "brighter" colors.  This palette retails for 19.95 U.S dollars, but they ship Worldwide as well. 

If you have any questions contact me via here or twitter/facebook. 

I apologize if this blog is all over the place but I just felt like updating. Enjoy your weekend everyone! Stay warm if its cold where you live. 


Much love,

Kayla 


4 comments:

  1. Ah I can totally relate about feeling nervous & excited on the first day/week of school! I'm gonna be starting college at the end of this week (I decided to start a semester late) & I'm looking forward to starting but I'm SOO nervous mainly bcus I don't know anybody & its a completely new environment. Got any tips lol ?
    & cutee hairstyle :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think the best thing about college is the fact that its a new environment and you don't know anyone because it means a fresh start. College isn't like highschool where you feel lonely if you don't know anyone, because in college everyone is doing their own thing, and those who still need a bunch of people around them (like in highschool) aren't going to do well. Just walk in your classes feeling confident you're going to do well and really show your professors that you care about the class and you'll do fine. New friends will come to you shortly after that. :)

    Hope this helps.
    & Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I agree. My first semester at a University--- wow that was 5 years ago! -- was a lil nerve racking for me, but I loved it! I always sat in the front row, so i wouldn't be distracted and made 'friends' with the people sitting next to me- so we can discuss the class and even take notes for each other if the other person was missing.

    Great post Kayla glad you are doing well :) Cute hair, I saw that video too :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I can totally relate to you on being nervous/excited the first week of the semester! I am currently a senior in college and I'm still a nervous reck! haha anyways love your blog and youtube videos! follow me on my blog! http://dailydosewithsonia.blogspot.com/

    -Sonia =)

    ReplyDelete